Tuesday 6 November 2012

Hey y'all!
So the poem I posted a few months ago was selected to be in a published book of top whatever authors! I thought it was really cool that someone obviously liked it but I had to turn them down because they needed money for it. I know I haven't posted anything for a while but I've been really getting ready for a big test and dealing with a new teacher and it's just been really hectic. So not many posts but tomorrow is my divisional choir's first concert! So once it's over i'll have so many interesting things to say!
Our songs alone are something to talk about. The first one is a Polynesian folk song called Ka Hia Manu which means many birds. I won't say much about it other than if you see a bamboo poll, duck!
Our other songs are come away sweet love which is a madrigal. I guess it sounds pretty cool and the parts fit together and it's really cool but it's not much fun to sing, oh well. the other three are Heilig, the ground and let everything that hath breath.
Heilig is in German and it's a little harder being in 8 parts and a different language but it's so beautiful I think it's worth it. The ground is in Latin (i swear music teachers have something against singing in English  and it's so pretty I just can't believe it! The last one is by far my favorite. It's called Let everything that hath breath and it is just so much fun and, well it's a gospel. I think that says everything you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment