Wednesday 13 June 2012

Poetry #2

I already put this poem on another site and most of the comments were good. One said it was flowery and self indulgent and that I should never use the words "My_ is like a_" So sorry if this isn't your thing but those were my guidelines. Here is my metaphor poem.
My life is like the silver moon 
that sits up in the sky, 
My life is as the vibrant moon, 
just like one big eye, 
My life becomes a dinner plate, 
wide and round and full of hope, 
My life lasts on and on and on, 
 big and bigger still 
looking for friends, 
looking for stars, 
looking to choose the right path 
 am I walking in a circle, 
orbiting around a problem, 
can't turn back, 
have to keep going 
dips and bumps, 
small to big, 
turning into craters, 
always still discovering new, 
more and more and more, 
My life is like the spinning moon 
Silver, Entrancing and Enlightening 
My life is on the moon  

No comments:

Post a Comment